Data Engineer ( Remote / Europe / Fulltime / SaaS )
RemoteOldenzaal, Overijssel, Netherlands€3,781 - €5,633 per monthWePublish
What does WePublish do?
WePublish digitizes the advertising brochure market. For the past 5 years, WePublish has been the place for the largest retailers in the Netherlands (e.g. Action, HEMA, Blokker, GAMMA and ICI Paris XL) to digitize their advertising flyers. The use of data from advertising flyers has become an important source of insight for door drop managers, but also promotion managers within retail organizations. WePublish now collects advertising brochure data on a large scale. Both on retailers' websites and from our own consumer platform Folders.nl.
Thanks to our smart technology built into our own viewer, we collect tons of data on the end user, we know exactly how a user reads through an online doordrop and we are able to respond accordingly. We acquire the data from the online leaflets that are published and translate this into concrete advice for our clients. Our reading behavior analyses, dashboards and reports provide a picture of the behavior of the end user in the doordrop of retailers. If you want to work in an informal organization with a lot of freedom, we are a good fit. We as an organization want to be as flexible as possible with each other, provided you also take responsibility at the right times. We are a close-knit team with a nice balance between tackling and hard work, and sociability. We also offer many opportunities for growth or to expand the data team if clients want to purchase more and more data.
What exactly will you be doing as a Data Engineer at WePublish?
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for connecting and unlocking external data sources, storing unstructured data within the datalake (for data collection) and combining internal/external sources. Together with the team you will work in an Agile manner and will be using the latest Microsoft techniques. We recently migrated to the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, have a large data lake and use Power BI as a dashboarding tool. We are looking for someone who will discover the data lake and services together, optimize them and know how to gather new insights. Of course you will do this together with the team.
If you do not have exactly the knowledge below but have several years of experience as a Data Engineer, we would also like to meet with you.
What do we ask of you?
- You have a minimum of HBO+ working and thinking level
- Self-starting and hands-on mentality
- Experience as a Data Engineer
- Knowledge of data warehouses/databases (Microsoft SQL, MySQL) , modelling data (Datavault/Kimball), Cloud techniques (Azure)
- ETL tooling (e.g., Azure Data Factory)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Worked with Visualization tooling (PowerBI / Tableau / Data Studio).
What do we have to offer you?
- An excellent salary depending on your work experience ranges from €3,781 - €5,633 per month
- Work week of 32 - 40 hours
- Work-from-home opportunity
- In charge of your own working hours
- 25 vacation days (possibility of purchasing additional vacation days, up to a maximum of 3 weeks)
- You will have the freedom to think with the team and continue to develop. Even better: we like to think along with you in this.
And now what?
As you may have noticed, our colleagues are team players, creative, self-starters and sociable! Would you like to be part of our fun group of colleagues? Then send your CV and motivation to Marc Lohuis via the button below. For questions about the opportunity, you can also contact Marc at email@example.com.