Front-end Developer ( Remote / Europe / Fulltime / SaaS )
RemoteOldenzaal, Overijssel, Netherlands€3,704 - €5,671 per monthWePublish
What does WePublish do?
WePublish digitizes the advertising brochure market. For the past 5 years, WePublish has been the place for the largest retailers in the Netherlands (e.g. Action, HEMA, Blokker, GAMMA and ICI Paris XL) to digitize their advertising flyers. WePublish uses its own SaaS platform to digitize, enhance and distribute this content on the web. In addition, the use of data from advertising flyers has become an important source of insights for retailers. Meanwhile, our technology reaches millions of users every month and we deploy our technology on a large scale. We do this on retailers' websites as well as doordrop platforms, including our own consumer platform Folders.nl.
Through our smart technology built into our own advertising folder viewer, we gather tons of data on the end user, we know exactly how a user reads through an online doordrop and we are able to respond accordingly. These insights are even used to build the advertising folder completely dynamically. Bringing all doordrop and product data together has resulted in a modular API that we use to connect both retailers and external platforms.
What exactly will you be doing as a Software Developer at WePublish?
As Software Developer, your responsibilities include the technical (further) development of our technical platform. This requires a lot of initiative and creativity from you, so there is plenty of room for your own input and knowledge as long as it fits the strategy and ambition of WePublish.
Specifically, your duties include:
- Continued development and management of our own advanced web applications
- Programming in Typescript, NodeJS and GraphQL and managing a variety of databases (both SQL and NoSQL)that we deploy in our Azure environment
- at WePublish you are part of a holding company, so you may also get to think and determine within other in-house toolings, platforms, scrapers and data bots of other companies.
What do we ask of you?
- You have a minimum of HBO+ working and thinking level
- Self-starting and hands-on mentality
- That you are creative and not afraid to think and act outside the box, challenges you seize with both hands.
- Knowledge of a variety of databases such as PostgresQL, Elasticsearch or Redis
- Do you have experience with Azure, GraphQL, Vue.js or monorepos? Then you are 1-0 ahead
What do we have to offer you?
- An excellent salary between €3,704 and €5,671 depending on your work experience
- Work week of 32 - 40 hours
- In charge of your own working hours
- 25 vacation days (possibility of purchasing additional vacation days, up to a maximum of 3 weeks)
- You will have the freedom to think with the team and continue to develop. Even better: we like to think along with you in this.
- Of course, you are always welcome at the office as well. Most of our colleagues come by a few times a week to enjoy the office culture.
- You can indulge in table soccer or a game of pool or you can join some of your colleagues to do sports at the nearby gym (2x per week).
- Fun activities outside working hours, such as an annual weekend away
And now what?
As you may have noticed, our colleagues are team players, creative, self-starters and sociable! Would you like to be part of our fun group of colleagues? Then send your CV and motivation to Marc Lohuis via the button below. For questions about the procedure, you can also contact Marc at email@example.com.